Get involved with Correspondences!
We are looking for an Associate Editor to contribute to growing our journal’s scope, impact and long-term sustainability through web and media. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our small team of dedicated editors and will be encouraged to take up further editorial responsibilities over the course of their tenure.
Status: Part-time (volunteer)
The successful applicant will be primarily responsible for maintaining and developing the journal’s website and promoting its interests via social media. Over time, it is expected that the Associate Editor will have opportunity to perform other editorial tasks as well, including the acquisition of articles and reviews. It is expected that the successful applicant will have an important voice in the future direction of the journal.
This position offers excellent experience in an academic publishing environment, as well as opportunity for greater interaction with scholars working in research areas related to the study of esotericism. Both affiliated and independent researchers are encouraged to apply. In order to increase the social impact of our published research Correspondences does not charge fees to authors or readers. There is thus no financial remuneration available for this position.
- Experience with third party web platforms (WordPress, etc)
- Fluent in social media environment
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in written/verbal English
- Self-motivated and self-managed; ability to meet deadlines
- Desire to contribute to group dynamic of editorial team
- Familiarity with demands/criteria of academic publishing
Qualifications desired but not essential:
- Personal interest in the social objectives of open access publishing
- Research experience in the field of Western esotericism
- Web design or coding experience—html, etc
- Fluent in additional language(s) (esp. German, French, Italian, Russian)
- Experience in web or print publishing
- Familiarity with OJS (Open Journal Systems) software
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com. Please direct questions to the same address. Deadline 1 May 2016
All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.